Chandigarh the city beautiful as the name suggests has many beautiful and fun places to visit with family or friends. The city was built by the very creative and popular architect Le Corbusier. The uniquely designed and well planned buildings, parks, the scenic beauty around the city and the favorable climate makes it a perfect destination for tourists across the world. This place is a perfect destination for the explorers, photography seekers and fun loving people. Here is a list of Five Best Places to visit in Chandigarh with friends and/or family.
1. Sukhna Lake: The lake was created by the very famous Swiss French architect Le Corbusier in 1958. Basically this lake is a reservior which comes down from the Shivalik Hills. The lake is spread over an area of 1.2 sq meter. Sukhna lake is the most popular place of this city and attracts thousands of tourists every year. Paddle Boating, Shikara Ride, Le Corbusier Sketches, Potrait Making, CITCO Cafeteria food joint, Souvenir shop, Bull Ride, Camel ride, Rock walls, Garden of Silence (buddha peace park), various species of ducks which migrate from other places every year, Sunset, Sunrise, Bungee Jumping and Amusement Park for kids are some of the attractions of this place.
2. Nek Chand’s Rock Garden: Rock Garden is a sculpture
garden which was founded and built by a government employee Nek Chand. He secretly started this garden in his free time. He used to collect home and industrial ceramic waste from which he build various colorful sculptures. Rock Garden features several interlinked waterfalls which is been landscaped with pottery and sculptures of animals, musicians and dancers. These sculptures are the main attraction of the garden. A theater and a Miniature village is also build where various dance and plays are often held.
- 3. Pinjore Garden: Also known as Yadavindra Gardens, the Pinjore gardens were created by a Nawab under a Mughal Emperor. The garden was again constructed and expanded by the Maharaja of Patiala state Yadavindra. The beautiful garden has a blend of the Rajasthan and Mughal styles of architecture. There are seven terraces which have been laid with the main gate which opens into the first terrace. It is called the Shish Mahal which is joined by a romantic Hawa Mahal. The second terrace has the Rang Mahal and third has cypress trees, flowerbeds and fruit trees. The next terrace has Jal Mahal with a square fountain bed and a platform to relax. The next terrace has fountains and tree groves and the lower most has an open air theatre which is designed as a disc like structure.
4. Rose Garden: The Zakir Hussain Rose Garden spread over 30 acres it is the largest botanical gardens of roses in Asia. The garden is named after the former president of India. Other than roses the garden also features several varieties of medicinal herbs.
5. International Dolls Garden: The International Dolls garden Chandigarh was established in 1985 and is managed by the Indian Council of Child welfare. The museum Chandigarh has different variety of Dolls and puppets from over 25 different countries. The Indian Section and the toy train present in the museum are its main attractions.
The creatively designed gardens, picnic spots along with clean and calm surroundings makes a perfect choice to visit these places in chandigarh with family and friends.
Which place are you interested in visiting today? Do share your views with us in the comment section below.