Nowadays the weather conditions are superb in the city beautiful from the fun perspective. The cloudy sky, chilly winds and rains makes us happy for no reason. The nature has many beautiful ways to show us its beauty. In rainy days the city looks more beautiful and serene. The view of mountains in the daylight and lights sparkling on it at night from the city or tower gives it a very charming look. The weather is perfect for a cup of hot tea or coffee with a delicious snack to go with it. But the weather changing conditions that to so often bring with it many health ailments specifically flu. Do not worry here are some home remedies which will help you fight flu and helps strengthen immune system during these weather conditions.
- Vitamin C – It is majorly found in fruits and vegetables such as gooseberries, sweet lime, oranges, pineapple, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and sweet potato. Vitamin C is known for immunity booster which helps in treating and preventing colds.
- Spices – Spices have a very pungent smell which affects your nose resulting release of mucus and breaking up of congestion. Take a bowl of food containing black pepper, ginger, mustard seeds, cloves or Garam Masala.
- Fluids – Fluids are an essential part of the diet as it acts an antioxidant for the body. Take good amount of juices, warm water, herbal or spice decoction, broths and soups to flush out the toxins from the body. A big no to coffee, tea and carbonated drinks.
- Zinc – Zinc helps in improving the immunity of the system. So, eat lots of foods enriched in zinc like wheat bran, pumpkin, wholegrain cereals, Jowaar, Bajra, wheat germ, lentils, peanuts, spinach and watermelon seeds etc.
- Garlic – It is known for its anti bacterial properties. According to a research it was found that the people who ate about 15 cloves a day their blood contained more potent T-lymphocytes and macrophages which help in boosting body’s immunity. One should eat 3-4 cloves of raw garlic daily.
- Honey – Over the years, Honey has been used to treat sore throats and bacterial infections. It is such antioxidant which helps in the growth of friendly bacteria in the intestines to improve digestion. You can take honey in warm water or as a substitute of sugar.
- Ginger – It contains Gingerol a compound that helps in fighting flu and infection. Take it in the form of tea or its juice with honey and warm water.
- Radish – Raw radish helps to thin down the mucous which reduces phlegm and to ease sore throat. Radish is best for sinuses, blocked nose and mucous related migraines.
- Rest – What could be the best way to improve your health than taking rest. Take a lot of rest or sleep as it will heal your body from the ailments as soon as possible.
- Turmeric – It has many anti bacterial properties. Turmeric is a main ingredient of many dishes and curries. Also, it is meant to treat inflammation like arthritis. Turmeric strengths the immune system of the body. An element known as Curcumin is present in it which is responsible for its color. This element reduces the muscle damage.
In addition to these keep yourself warm and take precautions . Stay healthy and happy.